The Bunker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Descendants of the Gods

3 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Descendants of the Gods

Post  Jak Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:12 pm

In Greek mythology it is often said that the Olympian gods and goddesses will come down from on high and copulate with the mortals, producing demi-gods (look at Hercules). That’s all myth right? Well... you’d be wrong. The gods did not simply stay atop their lofty perch, no, the gods followed Western civilization, the “Spark of the West” as it were and continued with their unfortunate habit.

The truly unfortunate thing is that these demigods tend attract slews of monsters taken straight out of Grecian myth, especially if they’re the child of one of the main 12 gods and goddesses, and especially so if their parent happens to be one of the “Big Three” Zeus, Poseidon, or Hades (though Hades is only allowed out of the Underworld on the day of the winter solstice). Generally the children of the lesser gods can get away with living in the mortal world.

Getting away from all that doom and gloom, there is a place where these demigods can go to be safe. A place by the name of Camp Half-Blood located in the Manhattan area. To the mortals looking in from beyond the boundary, it looks like a simple strawberry farm, but to the demigods that pass the boundaries (and only they and the ‘instructors’ can), this place is where they can train, eat, and live without worry.

The camp itself is divided into 12 houses, each one representing one of the main 12 gods. And the children of that particular god/goddess, once claimed, can live within that house. The exception is the house of Hermes, they take in all those that are unclaimed or are of the lesser gods (it gets crowded in there).

What is there to do specifically at Camp Half-Blood? Well, the main event is the capture the flag, an event where the houses are split between two teams, and the classic goal remains, get the flag. But the difference is that, each demigod has armour and weapons, so consider it a war where no one dies. Chiron, the centaur granted immortality, is on hand to help heal the wounded with ambrosia (tastes like whatever the favourite food is of the one drinking it), so try not to worry. Oh, the wood where capture the flag takes place is often populated by monsters, you might want to be careful about that...

Other than that, enjoy your time here at Camp Half-Blood. Who knows, you might get lucky and get asked to go on a quest by the oracle... Oh, watch Mr. D, he’s still under grounding from Zeus, I don’t think he’s too happy about it...

Rules
- This roleplay is a depiction of the day-to-day life of the campers as they live in Camp Half-Blood, if things get too dull, I’ll be sure to shake things up.
- The main 12 gods who have houses in Camp Half-Blood are: Zeus, Hera (though she never has children, being the goddess of marriage means she doesn’t cheat, the house is there as tribute), Poseidon, Demeter, Athena, Hestia, Dionysus, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus and Hermes. Hades doesn’t have a house, they hang in House Hermes.
- If you want your character to be descended from one of the lesser gods (or Hades), send me a PM explaining what you want to have, and I’ll consider it.
- As a general rule of thumb, the child often carries some part of their parent’s personality (example, the Ares (god of war) kids are often short tempered and violent; watch out for Clarissa and Jack, they're twins and have electrified spears)
- When the child is claimed (their parent says that they’re their kid often through symbols), they receive an inheritance of sorts, this could be a weapon or armour with special abilities that is symbolic of their parent (if you have another idea for an inheritance, PM me)
- Children of the Big Three are RARE (especially Hades and Zeus) and they tend to draw a lot of attention from monsters and peers alike, watch it.
- I will try to roleplay as camp counselors and the other campers, but if you want to give it a go, then by all means give me a heads up
- Try to have your characters in their teen years (though if you talk it over with me, I could make an exception...)
- If you have an idea or a question, don’t be afraid to talk to me over PM, I’m flexible
- MOST OF ALL......... HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Ben Paul on Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Alastor Harrison

Post  Jak Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:43 pm

Alastor sat by the lake, smiling at the fish that nibbled at his toes. It was a sunny day, but all the counselors were high strung after receiving news about a child of Hades. Hermia, of course, was the one that informed the counselors. Only she and Jason were aware at the moment. To make sure they were up to date about the child, Hermia was instructed to stay in seclusion so she could 'hear the wind' as she called it.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Jason Aquas

Post  Rifter Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Jason sat half-submerged in the water, eyes closed, the portion of his body that was above the water was covered in a thin film of water. The water was healing his wounds sustained from the latest capture the flag tournament.

"Alastor? Remind me to never jump through a thorn bush without checking what on the other side before hand." He suddenly made a hissing sound as a long cut along his arm was healed.

Being a son of Poseidon isn't all bad... He thought to himself.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

https://oovoo.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:12 pm

Alastor simply chuckled and said "think of this as a life lesson: think before you leap." He slipped into the water and sighed contently. The scar on his back had been aching all day, but the water helped soothe some of the pain.

((Everyone is aware of this scar, thanks to Jack. Alastor and Jack got into a fight and Jack accidentally tore Alastor's shirt, revealing the scar. Ever since then Alastor and Jack have been on bad terms, and most interactions end with Jack either on his back or scared out of his wits after suffering an 'if looks could kill' glare from Alastor))
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:17 pm

"Yeah, I seem to be rather bad for that lately." Jason chuckled.

Opening his eyes, he looked over at Alastor, "Are you sure you don't want me to heal that scar? I don't mean to seem impudent, but I don't like seeing friends in pain."
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Alastor shook his head lightly and said "I appreciate the thought but... for my own reasons... I would rather keep it." With a bright innocent smile he added "Jack provides an effective outlet anyway"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Jason was always curious as to Alastor's reasons, but he was wise enough not to pursue the topic. He chuckled as the water came cascading off of him, his skin now healed, "Aries. What meat-heads." He breathed out.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:26 pm

"Meat-heads, and quite cowardly. A simple gaze turns Jack into a stuttering fool" Alastor replied
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:32 pm

"And they're supposed to be descended from Aries, god of war." He laughed as he got up from where he sat, his clothes not wet at all. Walking out of the water. He went to sit near to Alastor, I wonder if Hermia's heard anything else about this new kid... He thought to himself.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Hermia Fox

Post  Jak Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Hermia came bursting through the trees, nearly trampling over Jason. She took literaly a second to catch her breath before saying

"IfoundthechildofHadeshissonactuallyheisinalotoftroubleIreportedtotheothercounselorsandtheysentfivecentaurstoretrievehimbutheisbadlyhurttheonlythingkeepinghimaliveishislineagetheotherswantAlastortobereadyattheinfirmary"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Jason looked at Alastor, "You go, Alastor. Hermia and I will be along shortly."
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Alastor and Hermia

Post  Jak Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:58 pm

Alastor nodded, leapt out of the water and ran off. Hermia stopped to properly catch her breath and chuckled "finally *pant* understand *pant* my *pant* fast-speech?"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Jason shrugged, "More or less." He chuckled, "Let's head over there."
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Hermia nodded and followed Jason. Know one knows what Hermia does when she's 'listening', but everyone has noticed how tired she seems after.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Stopping by the infirmary, he turned to Hermia, "You okay? You seem...off."
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Hermia smiled and replied "listening is exhausting"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:58 pm

Jason shrugged, "Let's head in."
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Bodie von Wolfstadt

Post  Jak Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:40 pm

As they went in Bodie went to greet them. He smiled and said "Hallo Jason. Hallo Hermia. How my I help you?"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:43 pm

"Hello, Bodie. We heard that the new kid was here receiving care?" Jason smiled completely calm with Bodie's uniqueness.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Bodie scratched at his bandages as he always did when he was nervous and explained "he ist... late... the centaurs were supposed to be here by now, but we haven't heard from them. If what I heard ist correct then the descendant, child of Hades or not, will die"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:28 pm

"Styx..." Jason muttered, "Any idea which way they were supposed to come from?"
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:30 pm

"Norden. The North"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Jason made a face, "Alright, looks like we might have to give them a hand. Hermia, go get whatever you need by way of weapons, I have to visit the forge. Meet me at the north boundary in fifteen."
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Hermia and Bodie

Post  Jak Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Hermia nodded and ran for her cabin.

Bodie held Jason back and said "be careful. When Alastor got here he was immediately sent to help retrieve the descendant. You remember how bad it was last time Alastor had to be sent, right? It was like they returned from the front lines of a war"

((When the descendant of Zeus is found you can have Alastor sent to get him to show how bad it is if you want))
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Jason Aquas & Arya Williams

Post  Rifter Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:51 pm

"I remember all too well." He shivered slightly, "We have to help though. We can't let another descendant go down or even come close to that." With that, he ran off to the forge.

Entering the forge, he breathed out heavily as a blast of hot air assaulted him. Walking up to the counter, he called out, "Anyone in?"

A tall, imposing woman came to the counter, "If it isn't fish-boy." She chuckled, her bronze right arm gleamed in the dull light coming from the fires.

"Can it Pyra."

Her left hand shot up to cover the part of her chest where her heart was, "My, my, what's got you boiling?"

"Another descendant is coming in and it's not looking good."

She rolled her eyes, "So I take it you're here for weapons?"

"And armor."

She laughed, "Of course." Walking over to a rack, her fingers carefully made their way down until she reached a bronze breastplate, "Ah, here we are." Taking it off, she brought it over to Jason, "The sturdiest and lightest I could make it. Those Ares kids still giving you heck?"

Taking it off of the counter and slipping it on, "Jack? More or less."

Reaching under the counter, she brought out a bronze sword, Jason's eyes lit up, "Riptide..." Looking up, "You finished the repairs early?" He said as he took the blade.

She nodded, "Wasn't too hard to get around your pop's magic on it to repair it. My dad taught me how to repair the magic stuff on my last trip to Olympus."

Jason smirked as he walked towards the door, looking back, "Thanks Arya." He stepped out.

Arya smiled as she picked up a rag and began polishing her arm, "Anytime Jason. Anytime."

Jason jogged to reach the north boundary.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Descendants of the Gods Empty Re: Descendants of the Gods

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next