The Bunker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dragon Mark

3 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Dragon Mark Empty The Dragon Mark

Post  Jak Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:42 am

Long ago, great dragons took the form of humans and lived among man. They did not hide their true nature, they were simply accepted. They played with children, entertained adolescence with tales of heroes defeating them, and helped adults defend homes during times of war. But, a dark hearted king heard tell that a dragon's blood could grant immortality. He ordered the death of a dragon, bribing some townsfolk to cause a stir with false accusations, and secretly harvested the blood in his castle. He drank the dragon's blood, but felt no different.

The king again bribed some townsfolk and executed yet another dragon. He harvested the blood and bathed in it. Again, he felt no different. The king eventually ended up killing all the dragons, but he did not gain immortality. The king was dying and desperate. He placed a bounty on the heads of any child that bore dragon blood.

As a single act of kindness, the king allowed the names of the dragons to be carved into a stone placed at the center of the town:
Fafnir
Gorynych
Hydra
Leviathan
Orochi
Ryūjin

The human wives of these dragons bore the seeds of their husbands within them. Fearing for their unborn children the wives left their hometown, going as far as they could to raise their children in safety. Some sought isolation, others allied themselves with new kings.

Each child bore The Dragon Mark. This mark showed who their draconic parent was and differed from dragon to dragon:
Fafnir - Tear drop
Gorynych - three dragon heads breathing fire
Hydra - A plant sprout
Leviathan - Water drop
Orochi - Serpent eyes
Ryūjin - Snake Bite (Two dots an inch apart)

Now, these children must come together to save the world from a mysterious entity that is causing people to disappear, starting with small villages.

Note
This is set before any technology was discovered. That being said, this is the only limit you have on your character. Just keep in kind that: all dragons are dead, the children cannot transform, they can have wings or dragon eyes(dragon eyes grant a higher immunity to illusions if trained), The Dragon Mark can be anywhere and can appear in multiple locations if you wish, and they are given regular names. Kinda hard to hide that your a dragon with a name like 'Serpentina'

Rules

• The Usual
  • Don't go overboard with your character's abilities. Choose one physical trait if you must(NOT scales), and if that's not enough then you can include one weak mystical aspect. Please double check with me if you choose to have a mystical aspect
  • You don't have to be a Dragon Child
  • Have fun Cool

Last edited by Ben Paul on Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Mark Empty Valene Hunter

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:37 pm

Valene picked up the papers and tools from the floor. Trying to get rid of a rat is more annoying than it seems. She couldn't believe she was outsmarted by a rat. The rat had run under the table and of course she lunged after it, thus knocking the table over. Thank God Will, the blacksmith, was out running errands to miss this mess.

She stacked the papers on the table she had put upright, planning on organizing them after she put the tools away. With three tools in total she went over to the tool wall and hung two of them; the hammer and the 'claw', a tool used to grab and hold hot metal as the metal is being worked on. The third tool, a pick axe, was supposed to go to the back storage room. Today Will had gone out to mine some iron, and left it on the table when he got back.

Valene went to the back room and hung the axe in its right place. She brushed her hands together and straightened out her black top. She took her tool belt off her waist as she walked back to the table. She sat down and started looking through the stack of paper, most of it sketches and diagrams for the weapons and tools they made.

She smiled to herself. She loved it here. A woman being a blacksmith's assistant wasn't common at all, and it is an unusual site. But luckily, both Will and the king gave her the chance to prove herself, and she definitely proved that she was able to get into the trade easily. The villagers were skeptical of this at first, but later they welcomed the idea and people stopped giving her weird looks.
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Mark Empty Aldan Walker

Post  Jak Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:42 pm

Aldan limped towards some sort of light. With blood and rain in his eyes it was hard to tell what the source was. He had no choice but risk asking someone for aid, he was no doctor and even if he was he couldn't treat himself. With great black wings over his head to protect him from some of the rain he knocked on what appeared to be a back door to some sort of blacksmith's shop.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Valene lifted her head from the papers. Someone knocked on the door. It was raining, who could be out there? She got up and opened the door. She went wide eyed when she saw the person's wounds. "Oh no, you're hurt! Come in, now!"
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Aldan went to reply, but blood spurted from his mouth and he fell face first forward.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Valene grabbed him before he hit the floor, and she dragged him in. She started to have trouble. Something was snagging onto something. When she looked up, she noticed them. Wings?! He has wings?! Could he be... She reached for one of his wings, the one that was hooked onto the outside of the door frame, and moved it in farther.

She lifted him, half dragging him to the back of the shop into the actual house. With a bit of struggling, she laid him on her bed, on his stomach, with his head facing one way. They didn't have a guest bed since they aren't an inn. She stared at the stranger's wings. I wonder which dragon he belongs to...
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:54 pm

Aldan tried to push himself up, but promptly fell back into bed. He managed a quiet "thank you"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Valene knelt beside the bed. "You're welcome."

She heard the door open and close, and she heard a man's voice "Valene, did you accidentally drip some oil again? There are some small dark stains by the door."

Whoops... that isn't oil... She stood up and called to him. "Will, some stranger came to our door. He's here in my room."

"Wait... there's a man in your room??"

"Chill Will. He's hurt. It's ok. Well... not exactly ok on his part, but I'm ok." She looked back at the winged man. I know he would want to keep his wings a secret, but he needs help.

Will came in. He was still wearing his wet cloak, and he took his hood off, revealing a balding head. He saw the stranger. "Are those... wings? Wow."

"Yea. We need to get bandages."

"Alright, I'll get some water and a wash cloth to start cleaning his wounds." Will left the room.

Valene left the room also and went in search for bandages. Of course they had bandages. There were a lot of possible injuries in a blacksmith shop, and she had experienced a few. She grabbed a couple of rolls and went back. She found Will slowly washing off the blood and dirt around any wounds he can get to.
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Aldan winced and tried to explain "I-I can't stay... soldiers after me... not safe to be near me..."
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:12 pm

"Soldiers..." Will looked up at Valene. "Pack some food. I'll go grab a few tools. Also, grab some water for him to drink."

Valene nodded and ran to the kitchen, grabbed a bag and threw in some food. Then she grabbed a cup, scooped some water from their bucket, and ran back to the stranger. "Need help sitting up?"
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:14 pm

Aldan sat up with a bit of trouble and said "d-didn't you hear me? Don't you underst-tand? They will kill you!"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:18 pm

"Well, we are going to get you to safety. You won't make it on your own." She gave him the cup. "I won't let them kill you. We are getting you out of here and away from them."
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:23 pm

Aldan gritted his teeth, but sighed and allowed the strangers to do as they pleased. Being half-dead, he wasn't very intimidating or persuasive.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Will popped his head through the door. "Ready?"

Valene looked at the stranger. "I guess we're as ready as we can be."

Will gave her the other pack. "You take the stuff, and I'll-" He looked up. "I hear... a lot of people."

"The soldiers?"

Will looked at the door, then said "Take the supplies and the stranger. I'll stay here and distract them. Try to lead them off the trail."

"But won't they kill you?"

"I'll worry about that. Now go. Through the back door. Get as far as you can."

Valene nodded, shouldered the two packs, and grabbed the stranger's arm to place on her shoulders. "This is going to hurt, but we have to get as far away as we can." She lead him to the back door, and without looking back she went through and out into the woods.
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:30 pm

Aldan just barely managed to avoid getting his wing caught in the door again as he limped by her side. He seemed ok for now, but he was very pale.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:34 pm

Valene lead him away from the house. She was wondering where to go. Where could they hide?...

She looked at the mountain not so far away. Of course the blacksmith would be near a mountain. That's where a lot of their supplies came from. The caves would be their only refuge, at least until this guy got better.

She lead him towards it, but heard a few people near by. She ducked, without thinking much of the stranger. Ok... ducking that fast without warning probably wasn't good for him... She waited until they were passed by, and then she continued on.

Valene finally got to the cave and half dragged the stranger in. When she felt they were deep enough she settled him down. They would have to stay in the dark for now so their location isn't given away. She then searched her bag for food.
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Aldan held his now very light head. That sudden duck did wonders for his health. Realizing he hadn't introduced himself he said quietly "I'm Aldan. Aldan Walker"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Valene pulled a small loaf of bread from the bag. "Valene Hunter is mine." She broke it into pieces, and grabbing his hand she placed a few pieces into the palm of his hand. "I'm sure you can feed yourself. It would be hard for me to feed you on account I can't see you anyway."
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Aldan chuckled weakly and said "I'm not so weak that I can't feed myself. He ate, quietly greatful for having decent food in his belly for the first time. Raw rat meat isn't exactly four star dining.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Valene looked into the darkness. "Sorry that there's no light right now. Have to keep hidden..." She turned her head to Aldan, though she couldn't see him anyway. "So I guess the guards don't like your wings eh?"
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:44 pm

"It's not so much they hate my wings, moreso they have a hard-on for my blood" Aldan explained
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:46 pm

"Your blood... Oh yea. I remember being told about that story."
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Aldan sighed and said "I wonder how the other Dragon Marked are doing"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:49 pm

"To be honest, I never thought I would meet another Dragon Mark... So I was surprised when you came through. In fact, I thought I was the only one with a strange trait from my father."
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:49 pm

"you...? You're a Dragon Marked?!"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Mark Empty Re: The Dragon Mark

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content