The Bunker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sci-fi University

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sci-fi University Empty Sci-fi University

Post  Jak Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Welcome to Jekyll University, a school where students are given the resources to finish and even improve their projects and experiments. There are many categories you could fall into. There is Alchemy, Robopsychology, and Potions&Serums to name a few. To earn their way into the school, students must show the potential of their project or experiment.

Notes

• The listed categories are just examples. Feel free to make up a category
  • The characters projects or experiments can be anything
  • Please don't make a child prodigy. The students of the school have all hit puberty

Last edited by Ben Paul on Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Sci-fi University Empty Tahmores Advocat

Post  Jak Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:31 pm

Tahmores sat at his desk, somehow managing to work with the papers and vials that cluttered it. The room was divided exactly in half by Tahmores' piles of boxes, tables of vials, and other various clutter.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Sci-fi University Empty Trass

Post  Rifter Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:32 pm

As Trass walked down the student dormitory, a rather large box in hand, he eyed some of the other students that were either out in the hall of their own free will or just arriving at their dorms with a little envy, he knew full well that he was on the side of more vertically challenged.

Looking behind him, he saw the moving androids that were helping him move what he needed. Shifting the box's weight slightly, he looked at the piece of paper then looked up at the door, "Finally." He grunted as he shoved the paper into his coat pocket and opened the door.

Seeing that the room was occupied, Huh, territorial? He thought to himself when he saw how precisely the room was divided. Wordlessly, he traversed to his 'side' and set down the box he was carrying. The androids responded by placing their boxes by the foot of the bed and left. Trass snorted as he lay down, "Could be a little more social. Tin buckets."

Last edited by Rifter on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

https://oovoo.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:37 pm

Tahmores leaned back in his chair so his head was upside down and noticed the new person. He smiled and said "I'm gonna fix that soon enough!" He got up from his chair and continued "Sorry 'bout the clutter, I tried to keep it so you could still work"

((Not territorial))
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:44 pm

((Trass gets his social wires crossed. Remember, home-schooled generally means not much of a social life. At least in his case.))

Trass shrugged, "Thanks, though I shouldn't take up too much space," He chuckled slightly, "much of the work I'll be doing here is theory. All of my equipment is elsewhere on campus. I'm Trass." He got up and sat on the edge of the bed and extended his hand.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:49 pm

Tahmores took the offered hand and shook emphatically, saying "I'm Advocat, under the Robopsychology and Potions & Serums Catagories"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:26 pm

"Transdimensional. Son of a circuit category, but-" Trass was suddenly cut off by a loud explosion that emanated from down the hall and shook the whole floor quite a bit, "What the heck was that?" Trass's head whipped around to face the door. Looking back at Advocat, "Should we go check?"

((I'll bring them in with my next post))
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Tahmores hadn't even noticed, but he shrugged and said "you haven't had experiments blow up much, have you. We only have to worry if we see medi-bots reacting"

((Medi-bots are robots like Wryn and Agni that solely work as medical staff))
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Sci-fi University Empty Trass, Tetraval & Wryn

Post  Rifter Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:02 pm

"I work with theory mostly, only lately have I been getting into putting those theories to work. I think I'll go check, though." Trass got up off of the bed and ran over to the room that was the source of the explosion.

Tetraval groaned as he cracked open his eyes, face covered in a silvery soot, his body half-buried in the wall above his bed. He spat out a tooth with some force, the tooth landing next to the foot of the only other person in the room, she wasn't affected by the explosion.

Trass came to the blown open door just as Tetraval was peeling himself out of the wall. Wryn immediately stepped up to Tetraval to help dust him off, "Are you alright sir?"

Putting a hand on his chin, he wrenched his sideways head back into position, the motion producing a loud cracking sound in return, "I'm fine Wryn. 'Tis naught but a flesh wound." He shuddered slightly as the nanobots inside his body busied themselves with patching up the little bits of damage that existed internally, "Make a note to double check if those compounds react in the presence of air or they just react period."

Wryn nodded curtly, "Noted and the note has been sent to your laptop."

"Thank you."

"What the..." Trass managed to say. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the wall beginning to repair itself. He didn't know if they normally did that or what.

Tetraval turned to face Trass, "Ah! We have a newcomer. I take it you heard that little accident that just happened? I must apologize, I swear that my nanobots had successfully soundproofed the walls." He whipped his head around to face the repairing wall, "Yes! I'm talking to you little asses." He crossed his arms and stood up straight, "Don't give me any lip." He snorted and turned back to face Trass, "Sorry, the nanobots were supposed to fix the walls to make them soundproof and apparently they got a bit lazy on me. Yes, I can understand them." He said in response to Trass's quizzical look, Tetraval's voice trailed off for a moment, then he snapped back, "Oh! I'm sorry. Introductions. I am Tetraval Delta of the Nanorobotics category and this," He gestured to Wryn who smiled and waved as she fiddled with a mass of wires that sat on the floor beside a large machine that was reminiscent of a cryogenic preservation device, "is Wryn. My assistant and the prototype for my project."

Trass shook his head, "Ack! Sorry. I'm Trass. Transdimensional category." He extended his hand which Tetraval took and shook quickly and strongly.

"I take it you're a little way down the hall?"

Trass nodded, "Five doors, same side."

Turning to Wryn, "Wryn? Can you contact that metal company my dad has account with? I think the repair nanos are running low on nano-metal sources." She nodded and quickly picked up the phone from the floor, placed it on the desk, lifted the reciever and began dialling, "I must apologize for her lack of want to speak, she gets nervous around new people. Still unsure why." He scratched the side of his for a moment.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sci-fi University Empty Agni

Post  Jak Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Agni poked his head in the doorway and said quietly, his Indian accent thick "u-um so sorry to bother you, but Advocat of the Potions & Serums category was wondering if everything was alright"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Trass turned, "Everything's alright. Who are you?"

Tetraval put a hand on Trass's shoulder, "I know him. Agni. He was built by Advocat down the hall. Ironically, Cat doesn't see much of Agni I don't think. A lot of the other students borrow him to give them a hand." He shrugged, "I don't, for what it's worth. I have Wryn." He pointed over his shoulder to Wryn who was arguing with whoever was on the other end of the phone.

((I figured that Tetraval would know a few things of Advocat considering that their projects are somewhat similar and so would probably interact from time to time))
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:10 pm

((Yeah, plus Agni tends to investigate explosions to offer assistance))

Agni fully came into view, his true height becoming apparent, and said "It is as he says. It troubles me greatly at times because Tahmores tends to forget to eat when he feels he is on to something." He smiled warmly at Trass and said "it is a great pleasure to meet you"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Tetraval had wandered back over to Wryn to join in on the phone argument.

Trass nodded, "Likewise. You might be seeing a fair bit of me as I am Tahmores' room-mate."

Tetraval perked up slightly, calling over his shoulder, "Lovely. So you might be seeing a bit of me as well if you hang around with Cat, I tend to run into him a fair bit." Thinking for a moment, "Agni? Would give Cat my regards? I would do it myself, but I need to finish soundproofing this room and finish setting up Wryn's equipment." Eyeing Trass's confusion, "I'll explain later." He chuckled.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Agni nodded and said "Of course. Oh, Tahmores would also like me to wish you luck in your work." Agni turned to Trass and said "shall we return together?"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Tetraval saluted to Agni, "Thanks, oh, if some bots or someone come around carry large boxes of scrap metal, direct them to my room, would you?" And with that, he turned his attention back to the argument.

Trass nodded, only now realizing the difference in his and Agni's height, "Let's. I still need to unpack."
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sci-fi University Empty Tahmores Advocat and Agni

Post  Jak Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:42 pm

When they got to the room Agni sighed and said "Tahmores, how do you work in such a state?" He immediately went to tidying the clutter, a bemused look on his face when he realized Tahmores didn't hear or notice him. Tahmores was deeply immersed in something at his desk, scribbling away madly.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Eyeing Tahmores as he walked over to his side of the room, "Reminds me of how I was when I accidentally created a tesseract and spended every possible moment trying to figure out how the heck I did it." As he spoke, he pulled a baseball-sized sphere out of the closest box. Inside was a constantly morphing structure that was reminiscent of two cubes attached to each other at the vertices.

Smiling, he pulled out a small metal stand from the box and set the stand on the bedside table and the sphere on it.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Agni looked at the tesseract and said "It's funny, I was made the exact opposite. Every aspect of me was planned, calculated, and executed."
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Trass shrugged as he dug through another box and extracted a thick sheaf of papers and placed it on the desk, "Barring in mind that many discoveries were made by fortunate accidents. Also, I'm more-or-less looking into things humanity still has a hard time understanding, as was the case at the time of those discoveries." Thinking for a moment, "Are you familiar with Galileo, per chance?"
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Agni nodded as he picked a now sleeping Tahmores and lay him under the sheets of his bed and tucking him in.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:42 pm

"At Galileo's time, humanity was extremely unaware of the celestial mechanics, to the point where they believed that the sun revolved around the Earth, the geocentric model. Galileo came to his conclusions about the actuality quite by accident. I believe he came to his hypothesis whilst staring into a well of water. I can not remember the specifics as it has been some time since I last investigated the matter. Later confirmation of a heliocentric reality earned him the name 'The Father of Modern Science.' All of which came by through an accident leading to realization and hypothesis." Trass returned to digging through one of the boxes trying to find a binder.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Agni simply nodded again and chuckled "science made me, and yet it's over my head. Vivek must not have been a science buff"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:02 pm

"Either or." He shrugged, "Suffice to say that some of science's greatest discoveries came by accident." Finally he found the binder he was looking for. Putting on it on the desk, he looked at the boxes, the closed them and stacked them beside the desk with the words, "I'll finish unpacking later."
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Agni shrugged "I'm not really sure how we got on the topic of accidents, but nice little lesson"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:22 pm

Flopping down onto the bed, "You said that your creation was planned and I brought up the point that, in science, often times things come to be by accident and it spiralled from there."
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sci-fi University Empty Re: Sci-fi University

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next