The Bunker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Chatter

3 posters

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

Casual Chatter - Page 19 Empty Re: Casual Chatter

Post  Rynn Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Hello guys!

Sorry that I've been unactive myself Sad and in a couple weeks school will be starting and then it's going to get crazy from there because I'm also going to try to get a job at Humber because of my unemployment this summer.

I also went to an inclass drivers ed almost a couple weeks ago. I've actually had my G2 long enough to take my road test, but because I haven't been able to get enough driving lessons for months now, the best that we can do is have drivers ed. My incar lessons start this Thursday and will be at least once a week. Luckily my mom and I are in Malton, which is part of Mississauga, and it's a Peel area, so driving lessons can happen there.

So that's my update, and I feel tired even though I didn't do a whole lot today, but maybe that's why I feel kind of tired. Haven't been active for the last couple of days :l
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:10 pm

No worries Rach. I know how you feel, things have been a wee bit crazy for me as well as of late, what with school starting up and me having to deal with my anxiety thereof. So long as you check in every now and again and leave a message (like Hazen has me doing), I think we'll be fine. I'll be seeing you at Humber should our paths ever cross (if you need to find me, look in the library).

Speaking of which, Hazen? I'm going to try to come over sometime next week, this week and next are going to be a wee bit hectic. I'll try to call ahead to give you a warning, alright?
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

https://oovoo.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 pm

I also need to see you Hazen o-o lol I'll be free after Thursday as far as I am aware of. Except for August 28th. That day is my orientation day at Humber for going into 3rd semester.
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:36 pm

Well, CNE, the EX, called me and have given me a job as part of their cleaning crew! It's only a little over a week of work but it's a job with money. Yay.

The only thing now is that I may not be able to see anyone for the rest of the summer Sad I miss you Hazen! D:
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:14 am

I miss you guys too. Guess what? I got a binder today! And I got my hair done ^_^
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:27 am

Awesome! When school starts I'm going to need to visit you asap!
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:38 am

I can't wait X3
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Speaking of which, next week is going to be hell for me what with school coming up, I'll speak with my folks and see if I can "book" a date to come over to your place on a weekend. Will that be okay?
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Okay, I've created a character for Starship Rangers. I'll wait for you to give it the okay before I post. I've done the math for Owen's age: He is 41 currently, 18 years ago, he was 23 at the end of the Robot War, the war started when he was 8, but he joined humanity's side when he was 18. Damn math...

EDIT: And I have a character done for Wizarding World. I'm rusty when it comes to character creation...
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Rifter wrote:Okay, I've created a character for Starship Rangers. I'll wait for you to give it the okay before I post. I've done the math for Owen's age: He is 41 currently, 18 years ago, he was 23 at the end of the Robot War, the war started when he was 8, but he joined humanity's side when he was 18. Damn math...
  1. Why was he instrumental?
  2. Why are all your characters powerful, important, and/or exceptions? i.e: Ean being a Force Mage, the strongest magic tree. And Kal being raised in a village that openly protected him.
  3. There are no robot veterans, they have been destroyed and have inhibitor chips that put new robots back into servitude. Though they can voice their wishes for humanity to die, they can't do anything. Their weaponry has been removed.
  4. Why does he have the harness?
  5. Why is a scientist on the team? This is a rescue mission

Rifter wrote:EDIT: And I have a character done for Wizarding World.
Why were muggles, people unaware of magic, okay with Kyle's abilities? And why is his boggart a black cat with blood red eyes?
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:03 pm

I don't know. I'll take them down and try again.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Thinking about it... I guess I feel I have to be different in some way. Be unique.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:12 pm

To be honest, it's getting on my nerves that every character is like that. There are ways to be unique other than being the most important and/or the exception. <-- those two bug me the most, but being the strongest isn't far behind.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:39 am

I don't mean to sound like a jerk (I'm still a little sore about the whole 'avoiding me' thing)
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Well, the "avoiding" thing was a little inevitable as my life did get rather busy, but enough about that.

Tell you what, considering that I learn mostly by example, what if you were to create the profile to your specifications and I "adopt" that character? It would serve to teach me how my characters can still be unique but remain within the bounds of the RP.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:26 am

Alright, let's try it.

I'll make three characters for Starship Rangers: A human, a Robot, and a Bug. Of those three you can choose the one you'd like the most(or two, it doesn't matter two me. You can be all three if you'd like), and we'll see if that works. I'll also post a few examples of characters I made before that are unique, but within the rp rules.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:20 am

To help get my point across with what I'm doing with each character I'll explain what is unique about them in a sentence or two above the profile. You don't have to use the appearances I provide, they're just examples. The robot character, because this is how they are in the rp, would have to have a similar appearance only in that they have human shaped bodies.

This character is unique with his name, background, and habits. His name relates to his occupation and at the same time is the opposite of his disposition, in this case: Myles means Soldier and Nox means Night. Physical marks on him also add to his uniqueness: freckles can say he likes the sun, scars can say he's a survivor or fighter, look at the character's life and ask 'what would likely happen to him before he got accustomed to this life?'
Name: Myles Nox
Height: 6' 3"
Appearance: (if you use a picture, but want to add details like scars or such just put a note in brackets)
Casual Chatter - Page 19 Flippy21
Bio: Myles was born and raised to join the army. He didn't mind it, in fact he liked to train. He was too young to join the Robot Wars, but seeing his mother and sister suffering during that time motivated him to become a soldier so he could help prevent families from suffering. Myles always made sure to keep an air of confidence no matter how dire a situation so that his squadmates wouldn't lose hope. After serving for six years Myles has just been assigned to the crew of Starship 15A2
Other: Myles always carries a combat knife with him. He is never completely unarmed

What's special about this character is his connection to an existing character. You would have to talk with the character's creator and ask permission and work on the connection together, but this is very unique and avoids the awkward intros that last way too long or are overly flashy. He is also unique in the fact that he is part of an underdog 'race'. This can't always be done, but can be quite fun when possible.
Name: Ultra-Boy
Height: 5' 11"
Appearance:
Casual Chatter - Page 19 Portal10
Bio: Thanks to Ultra-Boy's inhibitor chip he is a helpful, if snarky, member of the Starship Rangers. Ultra-Boy and Hicks share a extremely strained relationship due to something Ultra-Boy did to Hicks that Hicks refuses to explain. Ultra-Boy's weaponry is hindered because of the chip, but he still has the ability to use his left hand as a tazer, the hand glowing blue to show it's active, and his right hand as a zapper, the hand glowing red to show it's active. Ultra-Boy cannot aim at humans.
Other: Ultra-Boy doesn't remember what he did to Hicks

This guy is unique in his name and his role in the rp. This is another thing you'd have to discuss with the creator of the rp
Name: Polyrhachis Gracilior(commonly called 'Rhach'(pronounced 'Rack'))
Height: 5' 4"
Appearance: (yes, I just used a picture of Bug from the show)
Casual Chatter - Page 19 Hatche10
Later in the rp, or first appearance depending on how it goes:
Bio: Rhach has always been a dreamer. Even after getting his job his mind was elsewhere, namely the abandoned alien wreck he found.
Other: Rhach often neglects doing his job

Examples of Unique characters I and Rynn have made:

Name: Saeran Surana
Race: Elf
Height: 5' 0"
Origin: Brecilian Forest, Ferelden
Class: Mage (Shapeshifter)
Appearance: (the one on the right LEFT XD)
Casual Chatter - Page 19 Tumblr14
Bio: Saeran Surana lived in the Brecilian forest with his family and dalish clan until he was five years old. Slavers attacked and kidnapped almost half of the clan along with himself and his family. Saeran's sibling was sold to a corrupt Templar who only cared about getting the credit for finding apostates, his father was killed trying to escape, and he and his mother were sold to Bann Vaughan, son of the Arl of Denerim. Saeran's mother was kept as Vaughan's personal 'pet', and Saeran was his whipping boy. Saeran developed a limp from the years of abuse and Bann Vaughan decided he was useless. He threw Saeran out, quite literally, and then he was mistaken for a thief after wandering too close to a merchant stall by accident. Luckily the merchant defended him, much to his surprise. The merchant invited Saeran to his home and offered him some food. The merchant listened to Saeran's tale, even comforted the weeping elf, but had nothing to offer but what bread he could spare. Saeran ended up traveling to Lothering to find work
Other: He is the brother of The Elf Mage Warden from the game

Name: Alfard Bonnefoy
Height: 5' 4"
Category: 'Accident' (Creatures born from a human having their way with a mythical creature or vise versa are put here)
Abilities: Siren's Voice. Can captivate humans with song and make them do whatever he pleases
Bio: Alfard was born of a human prince and a Siren. The human promised to marry the Siren, but after bedding her the human left. The Siren followed and found out the human was to be wed with someone else. He made reference to her only once to his fiance, giving her description besides her inhuman traits, and said he was describing his 'sister'. When Alfard was born he was raised to hate humans and trained with a rapier to hunt them. Before he could start hunting he was taken from his mother and forced into one of the many schools for mythical beings.

'Accidents' being rare, Alfard had few to relate to. Most were either depressed or catatonic from the realization, none were trained to hate as he was. It was plain to see that he was restless. Every night he would sneak out and see his mother in the forest. She gave Alfard his many earrings, telling him they were a symbol of her love and his father's regret. Alfard got into a lot of fights while he was at the school, usually due to students mocking him for being the unclaimed child of Prince Bonnefoy, and soon was forced to transfer to Tolkien.
Appearance:
Casual Chatter - Page 19 United31
Other: Alfard's earrings were a 'I'm Sorry' gift from his father to his mother. A dark aura surrounds him, forming a silhouette of his mother. Alfard can't see the aura, nor does he know it's there.

Name: Valene Hunter
Height: 5'7"
Draconic Parent: Gorynych

Appearance:
Valene's dragon mark is around one of her wrists (inside).  She wears a 3 inch plain silver bracelet around it to keep it hidden.
This was the only face I really liked.  When she's working as a blacksmith, she wears a black 3/4 sleeved tunic and dark brown trousers.  When she's out, she wears a deep blue long sleeved tunic with grey trousers. (Maybe I'll do a drawing later :l)
Casual Chatter - Page 19 Saber_minecraft_pixel_art_by_infiniteminecraftart-d4vj5ea

Bio: Valene's mother died when she was 10 years old.  She then went to a blacksmith for shelter.  Only the blacksmith and the king know of her heritage.  Valene knows herself who she really is, and is aware of her power that she developed a few years back, which is fire breathing.  She can't do huge balls of fires, but she can shoot small ones and hold a small stream for 15 seconds so far.  She keeps practicing to do it longer.
Now a days, she helps around the blacksmith shop and learns the tools and tricks of the trade.
Other: n/a

Name: Kendrix Richards
Height: 5'8"
Descended from: Athena

Personality: Kendrix is usually content, sometimes too curious for his own good, and gets along with people fine.  He is pretty good in the school field, but it's not always easy to do well in school.  Basically, he's not a genius and has to work hard to do as well as he does, but he does like school, which is one of the reasons why he does so well.  Unlike his mother, Athena, he's not always great with the athletics, and has his times of misses or trips (but he doesn't trip enough to be classified as a klutz).
Another note, he does have a bit of a temper.  Depending on the time, he can be very touchy.  And sometimes he likes challenges (though he doesn't always do well in all of them)

Inheritance (if claimed): A blank page book, but has an infinite amount of paper due to it's magic bound into the book. Later on he figures out a way to organize it so it's easier to find certain drawings or written work (Sadly his pens and pencils aren't unlimited lol)

Bio: Kendrix is a bit of a nerd according to the kids from his school, but he just likes to work on his school work.  Even though he gets along with people fine, and wasn't bullied all that much, he never really made any close friends.  So he was sort of a loner, but he wasn't really all that sad about it.  It meant more free time outside of school to work on drawing and writing and architecture.
Kendrix just joined the camp a couple days ago and was claimed by Athena.  He received the book and is now just roaming the camp, figuring out the area.

Appearance: (no fluff on the jacket though :l)
Casual Chatter - Page 19 Blonde10
Other: None for now.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:29 am

Yay my characters were used as examples Very Happy
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:33 am

You need more characters to use as examples XD
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Casual Chatter - Page 19 Lolcat10

I need help. For my birthday my mom will get me either 1 $20 game or 2 $10 games. I have whittled my options down to these: Portal 2, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, or KotOR and The Path. Which would you guys go with?

Portal 2: I've wanted since I first saw it
Vampire: I'm watching Cry play it and it looks like a game I could have endless fun with
KotOR and The Path: KotOR was developed by Bioware(known for their good writing) and seems like it could be very fun, and The Path seems like a good time waster(I've seen CinnamonToastKen play it)

I'm leaning toward Vampire because, while I do need more games to record, this game seems like the most fun and worth more videos

Casual Chatter - Page 19 Lolcat11
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Whew. College, so far, is a pain in the legs, the stupid stairs here are just a bit ridiculous. I'm currently waiting outside of my final class for today as I type this.

Anyhow, Hazen, I would say to go for Portal 2 and Vampire for now and get the others as soon as you can.

...Wait. You say your birthday is coming up? Tell you what. After you get whichever game from your mother, let me know and I'll look into gifting you one of the others for your birthday, I've come into a bit of money so I might be able to siphon off a bit into my Paypal and into my Steam. I'll create a text file with those games you listed after I post this so I don't lose them.

Anyhow, I'm really sorry that I haven't visited yet, with any luck, I should have some free time this weekend to drop by.

AND... I have a request for you Hazen and Rach when she comes on and hopefully sees this: I've decided to go ahead and continue working on planning for a game I've had rolling around in my head for a while, Civilization: Rising and what I wanted to ask was if it would be possible to get design ideas from both of you for it and once I have an alpha going, if both of you could play-test it so I can stomp out any bugs that might crop up AND, Hazen, depending on how I feel after a while once the alpha is live, I might give you permission to record some of the gameplay, I know I have a YT account and I will be posting a sort of "developer's commentary" there, but I feel that bringing in an "outsider" might be just the thing I need to kick my own ass into continuing with development. If you two could think this over and let me know whenever you can, that'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Question: What does KotOR stand for? Is it Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars?
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Rifter wrote:I would say to go for Portal 2 and Vampire for now and get the others as soon as you can.
Sadly, Portal 2 is a no-go. My computer isn't good enough for it (my cousin got it and it didn't run well for her. And her computer is better than mine)

Rifter wrote:...Wait. You say your birthday is coming up? Tell you what. After you get whichever game from your mother, let me know and I'll look into gifting you one of the others for your birthday, I've come into a bit of money so I might be able to siphon off a bit into my Paypal and into my Steam. I'll create a text file with those games you listed after I post this so I don't lose them.
You don't have to do that. The only reason I'm getting a game is because my mom wants me to have something to give me on my birthday since she got me early gifts

Rifter wrote:AND... I have a request for you Hazen and Rach when she comes on and hopefully sees this: I've decided to go ahead and continue working on planning for a game I've had rolling around in my head for a while, Civilization: Rising and what I wanted to ask was if it would be possible to get design ideas from both of you for it and once I have an alpha going, if both of you could play-test it so I can stomp out any bugs that might crop up AND, Hazen, depending on how I feel after a while once the alpha is live, I might give you permission to record some of the gameplay, I know I have a YT account and I will be posting a sort of "developer's commentary" there, but I feel that bringing in an "outsider" might be just the thing I need to kick my own ass into continuing with development. If you two could think this over and let me know whenever you can, that'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
If we're going to be of any help we're gonna need the basic idea you want for the game: plot, genre, etc. I'd be happy to help any way I can ^_^

Rifter wrote:Question: What does KotOR stand for? Is it Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars?
Yes. And as of now my options have changed to either Vampire or Knights 1 and 2(since both are only $10). I found that The Path didn't appeal to me as much as I thought
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rifter Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Whew. Just got home, I'm really wishing the weather would cool down already...

Anyhow...

@Portal 2: Bah, that sucks.

@The games: I would say, in that case, go for Vampires, I can at least cover Knights 1 for you, and I want to do it, it will be your birthday after all.

@My game: Like I said over Facebook, I'll be hammering out those details over the course of this week and probably the weekend. I might create a board for it later so there's a "repository" for you two to reference.
Rifter
Rifter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:37 pm

Alright. Well, when it comes to the games you have all of September to figure out what you would like to do. As for the game, just tell me what needs to be done when you're ready
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next