The Bunker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dragon Marked

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Dragon Marked Empty The Dragon Marked

Post  Jak Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:00 pm

Long ago, great dragons took the form of humans and lived among man. They did not hide their true nature, they were simply accepted. They played with children, entertained adolescence with tales of heroes defeating them, and helped adults defend homes during times of war. But, a dark hearted king heard tell that a dragon's blood could grant immortality. He ordered the death of a dragon, bribing some townsfolk to cause a stir with false accusations, and secretly harvested the blood in his castle. He drank the dragon's blood, but felt no different.

The king again bribed some townsfolk and executed yet another dragon. He harvested the blood and bathed in it. Again, he felt no different. The king eventually ended up killing all the dragons, but he did not gain immortality. The king was dying and desperate. He placed a bounty on the heads of any child that bore dragon blood.

As a single act of kindness, the king allowed the names of the dragons to be carved into a stone placed at the center of the town:
Fafnir
Gorynych
Hydra
Leviathan
Orochi
Ryūjin

The human wives of these dragons bore the seeds of their husbands within them. Fearing for their unborn children the wives left their hometown, going as far as they could to raise their children in safety. Some sought isolation, others allied themselves with new kings.

Each child bore The Dragon Mark. This mark showed who their draconic parent was and differed from dragon to dragon:
Fafnir - Tear drop
Gorynych - three dragon heads breathing fire
Hydra - A plant sprout
Leviathan - Water drop
Orochi - Serpent eyes
Ryūjin - Snake Bite (Two dots an inch apart)

Now, these children must come together to save the world from a mysterious entity that is causing people to disappear, starting with small villages.

Note
This is set before any technology was discovered. That being said, this is the only limit you have on your character. Just keep in mind that: all dragons are dead, the children cannot transform, they can have wings or dragon eyes(dragon eyes grant a higher immunity to illusions if trained), The Dragon Mark can be anywhere and can appear in multiple locations if you wish, and they are given regular names. Kinda hard to hide that your a dragon with a name like 'Serpentina'

Rules

• The Usual
  • Don't go overboard with your character's abilities. Choose one physical trait if you must(NOT scales), and if that's not enough then you can include one weak mystical aspect. Please double check with me if you choose to have a mystical aspect
  • You don't have to be a Dragon Child
  • Even people against the king will not help Dragon Children out of fear of being killed by guards and/or Slayers
  • Slayers are permitted to kill people they believe are withholding information, no matter the social standing
  • Magic does not exist as far as people know. Very few mages exist and none like making their existence known, lest they become hunted like the dragons. Mages can be involved in your character's bio, but they cannot be a parent, they cannot teach magic(it is genetic), and your character cannot be one. Slayers and Dragon Children are the only ones that can possibly be considered magic(slayers sometimes carry drakesbane root to disable a DC's firebreathing/other abilities)
  • Have fun Cool

Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Marked Empty Aldan Walker

Post  Jak Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Aldan limped towards some sort of light. With blood and rain in his eyes it was hard to tell what the source was. He had no choice but risk asking someone for aid, he was no doctor and even if he was he couldn't treat himself. With great black wings over his head to protect him from some of the rain he knocked on what appeared to be a back door to some sort of blacksmith's shop.

His abdomen was hit by an arrow, his forearms were burned, and his right ring finger was missing altogether. Soldiers had finally discovered him and trapped him inside his mansion as they set it ablaze. Thankfully, only one rather cocky soldier spotted him escaping and tried to kill Aldan alone. Aldan 'dealt' with the soldier, but that man wasn't a soldier for his good looks. It took a lot out of Aldan to fight him off, and now he could barely stand and knock on the door
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Marked Empty Valene Hunter

Post  Rynn Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Valene had just came back from the workshop, which was attached to the small house she lived in. Right now she was home alone. The blacksmith had left to sell his weapons and tools at a market. She stretched her arms and yawned a bit. She spent most of the day organizing the work room. Normally she wouldn't have cared, but she was really bored this time. It had been raining for most of the day, so she couldn't go out for a walk or visit the village near by. Not unless she wanted to get drenched.

SHe was about to head to her room when she heard a soft knock on the door. Hm. Might be someone wanting a weapon or something. The sign pointing to stop must've fallen over again.

She went to the door and opened it, but what was on the other side was not something she expected. "WOAH!"
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Aldan stood shivering in the rain as he panted out in a shaking voice "p-please... I need... h-help..." He leaned against the door frame, his legs feeling like they would give any moment.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Valene stared wide eyed at the stranger. "Of course! Please come in! Let me get the fire going." She lightly grabbed his arm to lead him to the chair in the living room.
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:13 am

Aldan hesitated for a moment, but he had no other option so he went in and braced himself for the worst when his wings entered the light.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:40 pm

Valene grabbed a blanket from the bedroom and ran out to the living room. When she saw the stranger inside now she stopped and dropped the blanket. She gasped sharply. "Wha- you're- child- dragon?!"
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:30 pm

"I-I am... at your mercy madame," Aldan replied hopelessly "the soldiers have... l-left me in no condition to fight"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:51 pm

"Madame? Haha don't call me that. Way too formal. No don't worry!" Valene grabbed a stick from the fire and, being careful, blew a small flame onto the stick, then tossed it in the fireplace to get the fire going. "I'm a dragon child too! Oh god I never thought I would ever meet another one like me! Oh shoot! You're injured?! Oh oh let me grab some bandages from the shop!" She left to go get the box of bandages.
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:02 am

Aldan was dumbfounded. Another dragon child! Like him!

"I... I-I thought I was the only one..."
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:41 am

Valene continued to stare at the stranger, then finally took note of his shinering from the rain. "Oh geez! I completely stopped what I was doing!" She picked up the blanket, then wondered how to get it on him with the wings. "Uh... I'm not sure how to get this blanket over your wings. You look so cold..." She gave him the blanket. "Maybe you can figure something out? Oh, by the way, what is your name? And where did you come from? Where were you living before?"
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:22 pm

"M-My name? I... it has been so long since I have said it... my name is Aldan," he replied as he awkwardly got the blanket under his wings and over his shoulders "I lived in the mansion deep in the woods. Alone..."
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:25 pm

"A mansion? Alone? I guess that's how you were able to hide with your wings." Valene stared at Aldan's wings. They looked so amazing. "My name is Valene."
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:51 pm

"I am... pleased to meet you Valene, but..." Aldan held out his heavily bleeding hand "I am still bleeding... rather badly"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:03 pm

"Oh, yea! Bandages! Geez I completely blanked out on them! Here let me go grab some!" Valene ran out of the room and into the workshop, where they kept their first aid supplies. Most of their injuries came from the shop anyway, so it made sense to keep them there. She grabbed a rool of bandages, a bucket that she filled with water, and a cloth and ran back into the room. "Please, sit. I'll tend to your wounds."
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Aldan sat, but gave Valene a sad look and said "I apologize for troubling you, hopefully no one saw me. I would hate to be the one to bring the soldiers to you when it appears you have hidden yourself rather well"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:20 pm

"Soldiers? Oh yea, you mentioned them earlier. What happened?" Valene asked as she laid a cloth on one of Aldan's wounds to stop the bleeding as mucha s possible before cleaning his wounds.
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:38 pm

"My luck ran out," Aldan explained "I would frighten children who entered the mansion, just so they would leave before discovering me, but one child ran to the soldiers rather than his parents. The soldiers... they saw the state my mansion was in and decided to burn it down. They figured if someone was in there they would be trapped and die, and if it were empty then no one would miss it. I barely made it out, as you may have guessed by the state my arms are in, but I was spotted fleeing and a rather cocky soldier pursued me on his own. We fought, I lost a finger, and now I am here"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:41 pm

"You lost a finger?! What??" Valene looked down at Aldan's hand, and sure enough there was a finger missing. "That's crazy!" She immediately moved the cloth to the hand to cover it up. "Alright, when the flow gets slower I'll clean this up a bit and then bandage you up."

((I'm guessing that cocky soldier is my OC? xD))
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:48 pm

((Actually no, Cocky Soldier is just a nameless soldier that Aldan accidentally killed(he's having issues with that). I would have asked permission before adding your OC to Aldan's bio XD))

Aldan seemed oddly unaffected by the pain. As Valene worked his brows would furrow every so often, but he never flinched or made a sound. It was obvious he was used to this.
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Valene finished working on the bandages. At good time too, because she looked up to the window and noticed something moving. She immediately jumped to the window to cover it because Aldan was inside. SHe hoped no one walked by and saw his wings. Though any stranger walking by in this weather to a secluded house was very unlikely. Aldan had said that he was seen by the soldiers when fleeing...

"We have to go. Now." She ran to the kitchen, grabbing a satchel along the way. She tossed the satchel to Aldan. "I'm sorry, I know you're injured, but can you grab some food like bread and dried fruits from the kitchen? I need to grab something and write the blacksmith a letter to where I am."

Before waiting for a reply, she ran into the back. She grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill. "Ok ok... what to write?..."

She write this:

On the run from soldiers.
You have been awesome.
Thanks for everything.
~your student

She didn't want to leave her name for them to use to track her. She didn't want to bring up Aldan either. At least this way the blacksmith knows that shes left. She put the note on the blacksmith's work bench. Then she grabbed a dagger and sttached it to her belt. She ran back to the living room.
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:05 am

Aldan did as told, packing as much bread and dried fruit he could in the satchel. He quickly found Valene and said "Do you know where we can flee?"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:19 am

Valene quickly grabbed a map. "Ok.... Well... I never planned on an escape incase soldiers found me. Figured they wouldn't because I'm pretty hidden. So... Then. Lets head south. See what that does." She looked at Aldan. "I guess since it's night we don't need to cover the wings. But we should grab a cloak for you...." Valene grabbed one of the blacksmith's cloak. Actually this is his only one... I hope he won't mind.... It was big, seeing as it was for a large man, so it should fit Aldan. "We'll fit it later. It's dark and still raining, so we could get away for now. Now, we'll have to go to the back door." Valene turned to the back of the house to the back door.
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jak Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:24 am

Aldan followed Valene close, admitting sheepishly "I-I'm afraid I won't be of much help. I never... I haven't seen these parts before"
Jak
Jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rynn Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:19 pm

"I know some parts. But I never traveled far with the blacksmith. So after a certain point we will have to figure it out on our own..."
Rynn
Rynn

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Marked Empty Re: The Dragon Marked

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next